Published on : 11 June 20202 min reading time
Here are the recommendations for candidates during an interview:
Before the interview
- Organize your travel plans (itinerary, means of transport, etc.).
- Make sure that you are dressed neatly and appropriately.
- Carry along
– a copy of the convocation with the contact details of the person to be contacted;
– an updated version of your CV;
– your letter of references;
– paper and pencils for taking notes if necessary.
- Arrive in advance to deal with any unforeseen circumstances.
- Notify the person in charge of the process as soon as possible if you think you will arrive late for the interview or if you cannot attend.
- Once there, turn off and put away any electronic devices that may be a source of distraction during the interview.
During the interview
- Make a good impression.
- Listen carefully to the people you’re talking to.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for clarification if you misunderstand the meaning of a question.
- Take your time to answer the questions you are asked.
- Support your comments with concrete, varied, relevant and truthful examples to highlight your skills (use your CV if necessary).
- Be clear and concise (answer questions directly).
At the end
- If necessary, ask questions about the nature of the job or anything else about which you would like more information.
- Find out what the next steps in the process are. For example, ask when and by whom follow-up will be done with the candidates you meet.
- Fill out the form for your references, if applicable.
- Thank your references for their time and reiterate your interest in the job.
After the interview
- Evaluate your performance: determine your good shots and areas for improvement. This will help you in your next interview.
- Choose e-mail as a means of communication if you wish to
– provide the manager or workforce management consultant with additional information at the interview;
– thank them and show your interest in the job once again.
- Wait until the deadline has passed before following up on your application